Wednesday 17 October 2012

Bring on the beer...

Instead of worrying my pretty little head about what I am going to blog about tonight I am instead going to concentrate on these three beauties which I bought from Sainsbury on special at £1.00 a bottle.

The standard India Pale Ale is 3.6%, the gold 4.1%, and the Reserve 5.4% and just look at those wonderful colours. I'm in for a treat.

I don't hold with warm bottled beers so have had these, and two other sets of triplets (having spent the tenner I won on the lottery and given the spare pound to the chap that used to be a manager who generally sits by the shop entrance) in the fridge all day, so they should be nice and cold.

My favourite beer glass - long, tall and shapely - has also been in the fridge all day.

Now, I know that I must drink responsibly - the government says so - so I'm taking extra care when pouring not to irresponsibly spill any, although I'm saddened to say it looks like I may be going to exceed the 3-4 units a day recommended by the UK Chief Medical Officer. I do hope that Dame Sally forgives me, but professor or not I think I know better than she what my needs are.

Oh well, another end to another rather tiresome day - bring on the beer.

12 comments:

  1. Lager should be chilled. IPA, light ales and stouts optionally chilled but bitters and winter ales should always be consumed at room temperature or slightly below. Just my opinion. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Altobelli, Dumitru Catalin, Andrew Oberbreckling and 2 others like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan Shorrock on FB
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew Height Standard gone, on the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky Sutcliffe on FB
    Most definitely gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gold was nice, I'm going for the reserve now.

      Delete
    2. Andrew Height
      Sorry Dame Sally - set two coming up.

      Delete
    3. Andrew Height All very nice - Gold is fresh, but the reserve is wicked!

      Delete
  6. Liz Shore on FB
    Hope you've enjoyed them

    ReplyDelete