Sunday 20 December 2009

Snow...

So we've had snow this week. I think most places have had some and other places a lot. My first snow was on Thursday when I watched the snow rush in over Birmingham from clear sky to almost white out in about ten minutes.

When I got home to Manchester I discovered this little chap on the bench built by Holly and her boyfriend Ben - cute isn't he (the snowman not Ben).

We all went off to Wales on Friday evening and when we got up on Saturday morning we found that it had snowed during the night. It wasn't too bad by us but four miles along the way the road was covered in snow and I proceeded to skid and slide all over the road, only able to climb one hill after five minutes of spinning tyres, and then narrowly missing a wall when the car simply floated across the road towards it.







It's the first time I've known snow on the Llyn, normally we just don't get it because of the sea and the tail of the Gulf Stream, maybe it's a sign of things to come. Oh well, at least snow is good for some things...meet snow Misty!
.

3 comments:

  1. We got tons of snow. I voted good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, my kids came all the way here for a holiday in the snow. after they left birmingham(where they actually live) I see that it snows there too
    [found you on drawforjoy contest]

    ps: we have to put snow tires here, even if that... global warming lives us just a few snows from what it usualy was a five months, full of snow, winter
    [pardon my english ;) ]

    ReplyDelete