Wednesday 30 December 2009

Clickable...

My part of Wales is mainly scenery, not the chocolate box scenery of the countryside where I was brought up in Oxfordshire, but dramatic scenery that changes with the light and weather and even over a handful of miles. Sea scenery, beach scenery, woodland scenery, waterfall scenery, and mountain scenery – click after click on the camera.

I’m never very far from a mountain in my part of Wales – Snowdonia surrounds me. I took a drive and a short walk up into the mountains yesterday, the roads narrow and climbing, narrow and winding, narrow and steeply falling – lakes and cloud and light and mist and snow. Variable, quick to change, unpredictable, dangerous, maybe even deadly – all of these and clickable too.

I just took a look, appreciating the wildness of our part of Wales just for a short while then dipped down back into the real world beneath, to town and safety and mountains in the distance.

There and home in an hour, bringing part of it with me – thirty minutes and a world away.

Click!

1 comment: