Wednesday 23 December 2009

Misty's first taste of Snow...

Is it snowing? Yes it’s snowing! Look Misty it's snowing. You've never seen snow before have you? What do you think it? Isn't it lovely, all fresh and white, are you going out to play in it?

"It’s what? What did he say? Snoe? What’s snoe? Doesn't look like anything I've seen before. It falls from the sky like that wet stuff - rayn, but rayn isn't fluffy and white and rayn just makes you wet - it doesn't get stuck on your whiskers. No, this is new - I'd better take a look. I hope it isn't dangerous.

Frying fish-heads it's cold. Doesn't look dangerous though. So this is snoe? It looks pretty. I’ve never seen that much white before. Look it’s all over the place, covering the bushes, covering the grass, it’s everywhere… I wonder if you can eat it. I going to have a closer look.

Okay, let’s have a little taste. It doesn’t taste of much does it? In fact it tastes just like water. I was hoping it would taste like milk - after all it’s the colour of milk. No, definitely nothing like milk.
-
This snoe is making my feet all cold, and why am I sinking? I can’t walk on this, I might start to go down and never stop. I’m going back indoors, I think I've had enough of the snoe, I might try it again later - but then again I might not, it really is cold on the paws and I don't like the way it tickles my nose.

That's better, it's nice and warm in here. I think I’ll just sit in the window and look at it. Looking at it is much better that walking on it or eating it. It looks pretty but it isn’t very hissing nice to walk on and it isn't very hissing nice to taste, but from in here, all snug on the windowsill with the radiator under me, it doesn't look so bad. I wonder if it is going to bury that car? Go on snoe fall harder, bury the hissing car..."

Did you like your first taste of snow Misty? You seemed to enjoy playing in it. That's the first time she's seen snow, I wonder what she made of it?

4 comments:

  1. Linda Kemp commented on Facebook:

    "(Tried commenting on the blog but it got lost again. Did she do that thing of putting a paw down then picking it up with a twitchy shake? Sensible cats (and many daft ones like ours) stay indoors after the first few snow experiences.
    Happy Christmas Misty - hope Hisfault gives you some treats!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloe Height commented on Facebook:

    "cats in snow are funny. poppy loves pushing it about and slipping all over the place, lil hates it..won't even look at it...posh old bird! ha"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our cats didn't have a litter tray so they HAD to go outside. It certainly tested their need to go.

    ReplyDelete