Sunday 6 December 2009

Another meeting, another doodle...

.
.

.
.
.
..
.
..
.
..
.
.
..
Click for a
detailed view

The Song of the Phisher Bird
The purple plumaged Phisher bird
She has no time to waste.
She makes her nest just like a skirt,
A wrapped around her waist.
The Phisher bird, so very skilled
A much accomplished spinner,
She spins the finest fishing line
To incidentally catch dinner.
Upon her legs are golden rings,
They help to keep her busy.
She jingles them when fishes jump,
Which tends to make them dizzy.
The multi-tasking Phisher bird
Such a model of industry,
To nest and fish and jangle,
And simultaneously catch tea.

5 comments:

  1. Richard Shore Facebooked me asking...

    "What comes first, the poem or the picture?"

    Answer - the picture usually, although as I doodle it I'm aware of words going on in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it - both picture and poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminded me about a poem I wrote at school about a yellow fly. I was only little so no laughing. I'm not sure it even makes sense now thinking about it.

    I am a yellow fly,
    I fly right up to the sky,
    My legs are long and green,
    So they can't be seen,
    I fill them full of liquid,
    And feed them to my queen.

    Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evolution should have produced the Phisher bird by now. She doesn't need to leave her nest to find food or to look after her young. What a fine creature. Presumably, the male doesn't carry a nest. He probably does not need to be an attentive mate because the female is self sufficient. A perfect arrangement for both sexes.

    ReplyDelete