Friday 25 December 2009

Merry Christmas from Wales...

So Santa Claus managed to find us in Wales again this year and as usual brought us just about everything we could wish for - music, dvd’s, clothes, socks, gadgets, socks, booze, socks, sweets, socks, rubber ducks, socks, hand made chocs, and all the stuff of Christmas. I woke up to a stocking packed full of all sorts of goodies and dived into it, big kid that I am (sorry about the hair and face). We don’t do the six o’clock starts now that Holly is grown up, but I would if I were allowed – Ginger (Gaynor’s new nickname as I mistakenly wrote it instead of her name on one of her present tags – it was the port!) won’t let me though.

I’m not sure what time Santa came to us, but he eat his mice pie (as I call them) and drank his vintage port which I knew was good, having downed a couple myself the previous evening. Whilst he was dropping off our presents Misty had a good old chat with Rudolph. I think I may have heard them - Misty meowing away and Rudolph grunting as he chomped at the carrots we’d left out for him. Santa must have taken a picture whilst they were talking; I found this on my camera Christmas morning. He’s not a bad photographer, but I‘m surprised that he can manage the technology at his age. Just look at them, they seem to get on so well together.

Anyway, Merry Christmas from Wales.

4 comments:

  1. We had to make a lot of noise to wake the kids up (no, not like that). Apparently I was always up at 5 on Christmas morning and still would be if allowed. It was almost 8 before the kids got up and came in our room with thier stockings. Kids today!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. hair and face look quite normal to me! Happy Christmas and delighted for you that you got so many socks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas old boy. I raised a glass to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Della Jayne Roberts commented on Facebook "Merry Christmas from Wales...":

    "Merry Christmas from Australia
    I got what I wished for - it hasn't stopped raining since Christmas eve! And I was thanked for it when we went out to new friends for christmas lunch.... One farmer said he's never 'in his whole lifetime' seen it rain ALL DAY at christmas!!
    Flood warnings not in force as threat has eased.
    Enjoying a glass of sav blanc.
    Enjoy your meal Boxing Day.
    Love
    Della
    x"

    ReplyDelete