Thursday 31 December 2009

Goodbye 2009 - joke's over...

Well, here comes the New Year, 2010, the start of a new decade. I wonder what this year holds.

But what of 2009, my most creative of years, the year I discovered so much? Well, almost gone, and if I’m honest, and on balance, I won’t be too unhappy to see the back of it. I won’t list the things that were wrong with 2009 but let’s just say that next year I’m hoping for a better year, a much better year, and an even more creative year. I can’t blame poor old 2009 though, it wasn’t his fault, he can’t be held to count for everything, some of it was circumstance, some of it was others, more of it was me, and the biggest deal of it was simply time and the passing of time. We dealt with it though - you can’t not deal with time.

Time’s a joker; he creeps up on you slowly, changes your beliefs, constantly surprises you, and occasionally shatters your dreams. He can be kind and he can be cruel, clichéd and obscure, he’ll give you happy times, days and hours that you’ll remember until the day you die, pain and sorrow, laughter and loss. Time will make you laugh, cry, shake with fear, scream with pleasure, warm your spirit, chill you to the bone, give success, take it, and make you fail so that you might try again. I wonder what jokes and tricks Time has up its sleeve for 2010?

Time is such a joker, sometimes he makes it so hard to remember what a wonderful life it really is - and it really is.

Time is a joker make sure to laugh with him, it’s easier that way.

Listen… Can you hear him laughing now?

Goodbye 2009 and a Happy (and better) 2010 to us all!

3 comments:

  1. Neil Cousins posted something on Facebook:

    "I liked your joker picture... really good! As Max Wall once said to Les Dawson... "I think you've got a talent!" HNY!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philip Morgan commented Facebook "Goodbye 2009 - joke's over...":

    "2011 is officially the first year of the new decade. 2010 is the last year of the first decade of the 21st century."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott Mitchell commented on Facebook "Goodbye 2009 - joke's over...":

    "Happy new year... like the scratchy Warhols :-)"

    ReplyDelete