Wednesday 16 December 2009

The Doodle Crank…

Click
to
enlarge.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
Mr. A. Bickerdike of Little Dullwit recently posted an interesting comment on Facebook concerning his mood and general demeanor and has graciously given me permission to reproduce it here:

‘needs a cobweb and brush out in the old cranium and an insert of new fluff, lint, crumbs, odd plastic toys from crackers and a piece of string... that about will fill it!’

‘How interesting!’ I thought as I read his comment. And then it set me to doodleing and when I start up the doodle-crank all kinds of thoughts suddenly rush to fill my head…

The Doodle-Crank…

Said cheeksome chappie Bickerdike
Deciding one fine day
That head was full of cobblewebs
His cranium crammed with grey.
He brushed and swept and polished
Dusted, buffed and shined,
And cleaned right through his brainbox
Till ‘twas empty, new, and fine.

Now with what which to fill it?
This empty waiting skull.
What wonderments of new content,
Will replace the tiresome dull.
New fluff, some lint, a piece of string!
All seemed to rightly fit -
And plastic toys from crackers,
To make his thoughts close-knit.

So newly armed with clothy stuff,
Ring, whistle, car, ballerina,
He filled his head with fortitude
And took up this new mantra.
If ‘e’ do equal ‘mc’ squared
And relative is my theory,
I should easy make a head and tail
Of a lifetime’s simple query.

‘I have one question, only one,
And answer I’m requiring,
If thinking is enlightenment
What makes it so dashed tiring?’
On reading this - my doodle cranked,
My head full filled with flotsam.
I drew, and wrote, and thinked, and yawned,
And fell sound asleep with that question.

3 comments:

  1. Sharon Taylor started this Facebook conversation:

    Just how much room does one person have intheir head? Personally speaking I am going to hire some cheap self storage space (£32.00 per year per metre square) in an attempt to get rid of the tiresome stuff!!

    If only that easy to do!!

    Andrew Height: Good point Sharon - in my case I want to keep it all in my head until I explode... and that can't be too far away.

    Sharon Taylor: We can count down together. Will the explosion create a tidal wave - or just a brain wave?

    Andrew Height: I can't speak for you but mine would probably just cause a small ripple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxana Soare (Draw for Joy) e-mailed

    'I know your blog, and I like it very much.
    I see you draw a little more than you say. You have talent for both writing and drawing, and your doodles are more than just doodles.

    We have a lot in common about movies and important historical persons.'

    How very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Bickerdike commented on Facebook:

    'that sounds scary!'

    ReplyDelete