Friday 11 December 2009

Cat amongst the pigeons...

Benji was here a moment ago - looking for Misty I expect. He’s gone now, I wonder if he found her. Strange how those two get on, and I always thought that cats and dogs were too species competitive to be friends…

‘Okay then dog, here’s the deal. We are going on a hunting competition and the first one to catch somethings, anythings, wins. Of course it has to be a substantial somethings – no hissing slugs, or ants, or bees, or wasps, or any insecty, wormy, creepy-crawly creatures count. It has to be fishys, birds, snakes, rabbits, voles, mice, rats, bats, - but I'll leave the snakes, rabbits and those nasty fluttery bats to you... AND we’ll leave the farmyard alone – so no ducks, chickens, bulls, or horses... and of course NO CATS!

Okay line up on this old gate, this is the starting line. Are you ready? Get you dirty paws back a bit - that's better. Ready, on your marks, get set… GO!

There he goes off across the fields, barking his head off, scaring everything for miles around. Just look at him, he’ll be lucky to catch his own tail. There’s not much chance of him catching anything the way he’s tearing around. Whereas I on the other hand know just where to look… carefully now, if I can just get close enough I should be able to put this cat amongst those pigeons. There they are. They're always by that bench. Come on birdies, coo louder, it’ll hide the noise of my bell when I leap. Coo coo, coo coo, coo coo. Keep cooing… I’m in leaping mode. Ready, on your marks, get set… GO! Here I come…

OOOmph! Now where did they go?'


3 comments:

  1. So does this mean that Misty will live to fight another day/Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't read the Times today Misty as it places dogs above cats I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Misty stays for the moment Michele - and she knows that the Times is a just a rag.

    ReplyDelete