Sunday 13 October 2013

Spooky Stones ...

I spend a lot of time looking at stones; smooth ones, round ones, gnarled and knobbly ones. There’s always something hiding inside them if you know how to look. All you have to do is find it and let it out of it’s hiding place. It could be an owl, it might be a cat. This time it was faces, scary hoodoo voodoo faces; the sort of faces that the Ju-Ju Jesus Peanut’s congregation might have.

If I was a small boy I'd probably like to carry one of these around in my pocket. A Ju-Ju hoodoo voodoo hex to keep the bullies away, a talisman, a fetish stone.

I could hear them screaming from inside the stones, screaming for me to let them out; so I picked up my pen and paint and set them free.

Maybe it was the right thing to do and maybe it wasn’t – I’ll let you be the judge of that. But they’re out now, out and abroad and still screaming.

Listen... can you hear them?


20 comments:

  1. Stephen Entwistle on FB
    Looks familiar....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert Mills on FB
    You done something with your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey Messenger
    wow.....that's scary....spooky eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike King on FB
    That's truly horrible

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate Fox on FB
    brings new meaning to pet rocks..lol LOVE em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height It wasn't me. He was always there!

      Delete
  6. Bernadette Doyle on FB
    Why are the pebbles scary?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alan Shorrock on FB
    Halloween shop items?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carmen Robinson on FB
    I thought they were potatoes!!! Oops x they do look scary though!! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mike King on FB
    If you make Ruth look like that she'll kill you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks. My trick or treaters might get more than they bargained for this year.

      Delete
  11. Ian Maclachlan on FB
    As Bob Dylan sang 'Everybody must get stoned,' The stuff of gra-nite mares.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maggie Patzuk 0n FB
    Love them and want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maggie Patzuk
    I need to see who's coming over! Simon was just here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      How do I get it to you Maggie?

      Delete
  14. Lynda Henderson
    They are freaking amazing!!! I want them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Let me know who's coming over and where to send them and I'll make you a couple.

      Delete
  15. Alan Buckley on FB
    Fantastic! Definitely coveting them.

    ReplyDelete