Monday 21 October 2013

Banksy, rugby league and stuff...

Not really much to say today. I woke up to rain and the rain has continued; it’s a wet time of year. Out of the rain and indoors, I spent the day writing about the Rugby League World Cup and why Banksy has become so successful, trying hard to forget the nightmare I had the night before last. Home towns are such creepy places.

The Rugby League World Cup 2013 has 14 nations competing, giving you plenty of choice when it comes to all those bookie offers. Just take your pick from around the globe and get in on the free bet action. This year that action is taking place in EnglandFranceIreland and Wales and it’ll be the first time for the United States and Italy, who successfully qualified in 2011. But that wasn't it. I played union, not league.

So, I’m standing on the boundary bridge. ‘Be I Bucks? Be I buggery.’ He says. Ha ha. 

There are some things that grab our attention, compelling us to participate despite having little or no understanding of what we are participating in. New Yorkers are currently going wild for the work of underground graffiti artist Banksy. The majority of them will have no interest in art, most of them will be oblivious or tired of the graffiti littered streets of the city in which they live. Even so, for some reason Banksy has grabbed the usually ‘ungrabbable’ attention of New Yorkers, whipping even the coolest of them into art appreciation frenzy. But that wasn't it either, he didn't see the point of art... be I bucks, be I buggery?

Yeah, another New Yorker, the worst kind. The kind that sold DVD's of nine-eleven to Japanese tourists at ground zero. Insensitive, money bucks driven.

At the Oxford Arms I stood at the bar drinking a pint. It wasn’t the Oxford Arms though. He sat at a table wondering how and if to eat his spaghetti. Foreign muck. I left. Never wanting to go through his shit again. Well, who would?

Anyway, it’s still raining and I can’t seem to find an umbrella.

It'll stop soon.

9 comments:

  1. Kingsley Roberts on FB
    A little warms the heart, too much burns the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard Shore
    You can stand under my umbrella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      I'll be there when the a hard rain falls rick. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. One day, you'll start WW3 but I guess you can't help yourself. Great quote from Kingsley (above). I hadn't heard that one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on my list Mr Lloyd. But I won't be starting it, i'll be finishing it.

      Delete
  4. Lindsey Messenger on FB
    Loving the Bansky......fed up with the rain :-(xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 hours ago · Edited · Unlike · 1

    Kingsley Roberts on FB
    Been raining here in Canberra, been wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Warm rain I hope Kingsley.

      Delete