Friday 4 May 2012

Wobble...

I'm not going to be in for a few days. I'm taking some time to pretend to think and maybe do some scribbling, after all scribbling is when I'm happiest.

I scribble all the time, lots of us do. But sometimes a scribble becomes something else, something far greater, striking a chord in the conciousness of the world - iconic. I think that iconic art is as much about place and time as it is about the image... and then of course there's the marketing and the profile of the scribbler. It all goes together to make a DaVinci, a Warhol, or a Munch. It isn't really all about the scribble at all - is it Mystery Banksy, Mr Hirst?

I wonder how many Munch's and Van Gogh's go unnoticed, spending their days scribbling away but not being seen by that influential someone who takes their scribbles and turns it into dollar-worthy iconic art?

Seventy-four million pounds and all because of a slight wobbly moment on a bridge.

Maybe I''ll find me a bridge to have a wobble on.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with vegetarianism Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete