Wednesday 2 May 2012

Corners…

Into everyone’s life a little rain must fall or so they say. But it seems to me to have been too stormy for a while now, hurricane force at times. Oh well, what’s the other thing that they say - spring is just around the corner? Well, this is May and it’s not here yet. Sometimes I think they say too much. Mind you they're not alone there, usually silence is the best of friends - shame that he's not one of mine.

I’ve planted a few violas in the borders and tubs at the back of the house. They’ve been slow to grow and the seeds I’ve sown haven’t shown as yet. Perhaps they won’t show at all, what with the cold and dark and wet. The violas are bright against the damp dark earth - cheering almost.

The rain fall and falls, the wind blows, the seeds don’t grow. Ah well, if they are to be believed beloved spring is just around the corner; and those corners are everywhere - corners to cut, corners to turn, corners to be backed into. Yes, every truth has four corners - and I can't find one, let alone the other three.

The raindrops on the window reflect the ground outside, I reflect also. Ah, sweet reflection – just not mine.


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like a house full of round rooms...WAIT! Would that make me a hamster?

      Delete
  3. Another gem of a post. You seem to be forgetting that our spring and summer was rolled into one during the last week of March. Keep up man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma Cholmondeley on Facebook:
    You have provoked my thoughs well here Andrew and I like my thoughts provoking from time to time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, although I think you have thoughts of your own which are much more interesting than mine. A late spring and a bit of rain isn't much to write home about, but then I can't really think about anything that I'd want to write home about anyway :-)

      Delete
  5. Della Jayne Roberts on Facebook:
    It rained all day yesterday ...
    13.1 degrees at 12.23. Sunny afternoon. Our summer wasn't much to write home about - but we've had some lovely warm autumn days. ☀ My Saffron Crocus are in bloom. ♥

    ReplyDelete