Thursday 31 May 2012

Not yet small kitten, not yet.

Woke this morning to soft summer rain and a delicious coolness in the air. Summer rain, what wonders it can work; my plants in the courtyard (yes, courtyard I call it, and courtyard it is) seem to have doubled in size with its softness – something that tap water would never do. Luna (Looney Loo, Lunatics, Lou-Lou Longshanks), my cat smiles at the ground outside from the window wishing that she could go outside and paw it, smell it, drink in the rain and explore the wide, wide world – not yet small kitten, not yet.

And far away in another part of the same wide, wide, world…

There’s a tree I know that is needing a house in it. Tall and reaching to the sky, a good tree – strong. A tree to withstand the wind, shelter from the rain, a tree of many branches. I’d build a platformed veranda to sit upon and drink cool beer and blueberry flavoured red wine, eat olives and peanuts, hum and read and smile. I'd watch the stars shooting, sending my wishes out into the wide, wide, world.

There, catch the wish in your hand and hold it close.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring fresh mint. I've never had a julip.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Lindsey Messenger commented Facebook:
    Lindsey wrote: "Was so worth waiting for.. Thank you. Holding my wish close to my heart!! X"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Della Jayne Roberts on Facebook: ♥ Will have a drink with you on that verandah - don't forget pics of celebrations over there - none here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Bell on Facebook:
    Andrew, there is a party in my street but it's a relaxed affair compared to the military style planning of yours. It's bring your own food and booze and turn up at some point in the afternoon. No wristbands required.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Bell on Facebook:
    Andrew, there is a party in my street but it's a relaxed affair compared to the military style planning of yours. It's bring your own food and booze and turn up at some point in the afternoon. No wristbands required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know David I can hardly wait. I'm organising an escape committee and digging a tunnel - but now I'm giving my Monday blog away...

      Delete