Wednesday 9 May 2012

Wall, hedge, mountains, sky…


So, a few days in Wales and me with an A2 pad of heavy cartridge in the car. I like cartridge sometimes, its smoothness and whiteness.

Up at the stables I took myself off for ten minutes and sat on the concrete churn stand where they used to put the milk for the milk board to collect. No churns any more, no milk board, and now I think about it no cows either.

"Go on, be bold." I said to myself, "Just draw what you feel, it'll come together later."

Just one of those early spring days; rain in the air but refusing to fall, fields returning to vibrant young green, ever present mountains ever present. Colour burns my eyes - blues and greens, reds and purples, blue-grey clouds and mottled ochres.

"The shadow keeps changing, light and dark." Just me with a big, trashed, bold, spirit felt pen.

Scribble, scribble, slash - lost for a few minutes, and back. Wall, hedge, mountains, sky - as seen through my eyes... and more felt than seen.

12 comments:

  1. Like it Andi. Well done for doing it too. I took my sketch book all the way to Rome and never found the moment...
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must always find the moment Joan. For every one I'm happy with there are three that I'm not... but then they grow, and you find yourself liking them later.

      This one sold in a few hours.

      Delete
  2. Ian Maclachlan on Facebook: We went to Salt's Mill in Shipley to see some of Hockney's trees and they were great but I get the same amazement looking at this 'doodle'. That's a compliment by the way. Some proof reader is going to say that should be complement aren't

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky Sutcliffe on Facebook: Outstanding! And I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky Sutcliffe Outstanding! And I recognize that landmark x

      Delete
  4. Emma Cholmondeley Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim Preston on Facebook:
    Beautiful solid form

    ReplyDelete
  6. Della Jayne Roberts on Facebook:
    ♥ Autumn going into winter - beautiful colours of the falling leaves. But the countryside looks washed out and insipid. It never looks like the lush vibrant green countryside of home. But you can't compare. It is Australia (the lucky country, so they say); so vast that it has: different time zones, vast plains, tropical rain forests, as well as snowy mountains and Ayers Rock (Uluru) ..... If you ever get the chance; come and visit ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma Cholmondeley on Facebook:
    Emma wrote: "Love this :-)"

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the paint in every picture I crank out Sparkle and in the do of every doodle I scribble.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete