Wednesday 23 May 2012

That's the way to do it...

There’s something about a sunny day that tends to lift the spirits and at the moment we’re having a run of sunny days. Perhaps this is summer who knows? Yes, I felt quite the optimist this morning leaving the house to go and view some consulting rooms for my hypnotherapy – perhaps all things are possible after all.

Sunshine, sunshine, call me Dr. Funshine.

No don’t – the real Dr. Funshine is Caroline Meeks from San Diego, California who prescribes laughter yoga for her aging patients. As her website says: “You don’t stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.’ Well, that explains it then, I wondered how I got to be such a grumpy old man.

Just joking, I’m not that grumpy really – just considered in my reactions and there’s nothing wrong with that. No indeed, that’s the way to do it.

And California is such a sunny place. Easy to be the optimist there I guess - where the sky is for ever blue and the oranges lush the trees. I wonder if the have Punch and Judy?

Sunny ice cream days and Mr. Punch at the seaside - a Punch and Judy everywhere. Such a suitable entertainment for children with the devil, and crocodiles, and Toby the dog, and ghosts, and policemen, and Hector the horse, and mistresses, and Jack Ketch the hangman, and Joey the clown, and the doctor, and Judy Joan the wife, and the baby beatings, and the snake, and the odd black slave or two thrown in for good measure, and of course dear old Punchinello. Once I saw old Scaramouche, another time Pretty Polly, and I’m sure on one occasion an all-bewigged beadle, a pair of begloved boxers, sausages, sausages, sausages, and a long extending penis What fun to be a Punchman controlling the world above your head and voicing with your swizzle, pleased as Punch with all the slapstick and that’s the way to do it.

Slapstick, laughter, funshine,.

Have you noticed how my posts are becoming lists?

Yes, 
that’s 
the 
way 
do 
it.

7 comments:

  1. Or not as the case may be

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks my Sparkles - hey it is only like talking to yourself - that's the way to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saint Sparkles of the sparkly cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. or Alphonso's Favourite - we could run the Derby together ---

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously though... who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I go back years after.

    ReplyDelete