Saturday 12 May 2012

Lost for words...

Sometimes I get it so wrong. I was thinking Sheila Hancock – JuSt lo0k cLo$er - Lord Charles, broken wooden chairs, sticks, desperation, personalities hiding in a ventriloquist dummy, black and white, black and white! A gottle of geer, a bottle of beer -- Remember… walls have ears!

 So wrong sometimes. Well, it screams at me now that it’s TOO late!

An A4 sheet of basic printer paper, an hour with… well, things to do, but nothing better than doodle - so I crumbled in.

Of course I was thinking ‘Dead of Night’ I’m such a dummy. ‘Dead of Night’ is the scariest film I’ve ever seen. The first time watched, a forgotten stay-up eight year old sitting in the living room whilst my parents drank tea in the kitchen. The old black and white TV flickering… black and white, black and white! Maxwell slapping the dummy…

SLAP ! "You'll pay for that later."
"Yes..." Maxwell replies wearily; "I will." And then Hugo’s head moves on its own and fixes him with a glass-eyed stare…

I scream!

Yes black and white. I should have left it at that, but I couldn’t and didn’t. Taking out my pens and paints I killed him with colour. I was lost for words, yes lost for words. The colour had killed my doodle just as surely as if his friend the ventriloquist had died inside of him. Seems that you always kill the thing you love.

Scan first, scan first… a bottle of beer and a vodka shot please barman… if my money’s good here. I’m such a dummy sometimes.


10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh It was shown on the grinning machine a long time before I spied it Sparkle, no matter though - you will always be younger that me Anyway, Tab Hunter was singing about Young Love when I was born.

      Puppets fascinate me - somewhere in this old house of mine I have a collection of marionettes, I think they are in the room with the rocking horse.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. You know Sparkle, it's all about shine and you shine my boredom like so few people can. If you stop then you know I may have to start wearing suede and suede don't really go with my landscape.

      You be back now, hear? Else, my heart will break and my cross gartered yellow stockings will be as naught.

      Puck. xx

      Delete
  3. Alan Shorrock on Facebook:
    I remember that film... Scared the hell out of me as a child... Amazing doodle Andy... Keep em coming!
    18 hours ago · Like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al, they lulled us into a false sent of security with the ghost golfers (a classic by the way) and then Killed us along with Max! Googie Withers though... well, she wouldn't have withered me.

      Delete
  4. Lindsey Messenger on Facebook:
    great doodle....... but you lost for words!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - Lost for words as I often am Lindsey.

      Delete
    2. Andrew Height Yes - Lost for words as I often am Lindsey.

      Delete