Wednesday 5 August 2015

The dreaded hiccups...

Just like hiccups this silly poem just popped into my head.


The dreaded hiccups

Hiccups can be embarrassing,
Especially if in church.
Hic.
If you get them while getting married
You might get left in the lurch.
Hic.

I once had a bout whilst on the train
And couldn’t get them to pass.
Hic.
I hiccupped and hiccupped for miles and miles.
And when I hiccup, I farts.

Hic, hic, hic, hic, hic, hic, hic.
It really is a dilemma.
If you hic too much, it can make you sick.
So is there an easy answer?

All old wives have a remedy,
From thunderclaps to brews.
Here are some that I know of,
And I hope that they work for you.

Swallow a teaspoon of sugar,
Or glug a glass of iced water,
Eat some dry bread slowly,
A scare works, or at least it oughta.
Drink from the rim of the wrong side of the glass.
Hold breath and count in reverse,
Any of these could make your hiccups pass.
But not all at once; it'll probably make them worse.

Hic!

No comments:

Post a Comment