Sunday 7 April 2013

That mountain again…

Positive thoughts... It’s perfectly okay to not be okay or so I hear.

Even so, on the days when the over-complication that I allow my life to be surrounds like a swarm of angry bees. Those days when even the simplest nonconformity becomes a mountain to be climbed by feet so heavy and overtired that they simply will not lift, will not plod on, only want to waiver and weep. Those days when I hang the sign ‘Abandon hope all ye who are about to enter here’ from around my neck and walk the streets head bowed. On those days I close my eyes, transport, until I am staring out of my tiny cottage bedroom window at the mountain across the fields.

It’s quieter there with the bleating of the sheep and the singing of the birds; even if it is inside my head.

It’s also okay to be okay I hear.

3 comments:

  1. Kevin Parrott on FB
    I understand........... solace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 hours ago · Like

    Glynne T Kirkham pn FB
    Nice view. I bet the view is nice from the mountain too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      It is Glynne. A few years back I walked almost to the top. Got lost on the way down and had to go through more mud than I care to remember.

      Delete