Thursday 18 April 2013

Singing bird...



Every evening the bird at the back of the house sits in the tree and sings until the sun goes down.

It is such a calming song. I open the window and listen and wonder why he is singing. Is he singing to say goodbye to the end of the day, or to attract attention to himself in order to find a mate? He sits in the tree and sings almost until the stars come out and then he stops.

In the morning I am sometimes awoken by his singing. I lie in bed and listen for a while wondering why he is singing. Is he singing to say hello to the beginning of the day, or to declare to the other birds that he is up and about? 

Perhaps he just likes singing.

10 comments:

  1. David West-Mullen on FB
    as long as he doesn't sing in the dead of night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Wouldn't bother me Dave. Can sleep through anything me.

      Delete
  2. Richard Shore
    I like to think he sings because he likes to sing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      He's actually singing now. I can hear him as I key.

      Delete
  3. Tim Preston
    Blackbird song is beautiful. One of my favourite experiences. I think they are guardians between this world and another. They are the gatekeepers Wooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul Whitehouse on FB
    Probably wants to fuck another bird !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew Height
    Yes Paul... probably

    ReplyDelete
  6. David Bell in FB
    Air gun?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve Bishop
    You can't beat a songbird lullaby.

    ReplyDelete