Sunday 14 April 2013

Dead shrew in situ…

Here’s the shrew that I found in the garden at Wales. I didn’t tame it, not even Petruchio could really do that, but there it was one morning on the raised bed - sleeping I thought.

As it turned out it wasn't sleeping at all.

Turns out that it wasn’t alive in the slightest. It was as dead as dead can be. ‘E wasn’t pinin'! ‘E’d passed on! That shrew was no more! He had ceased to be! ‘E’d expired and gone to meet ‘is maker! ‘E was a stiff! Bereft of life, ‘e was resting in peace! If he hadn't ‘ave been sat on that stone ‘e’d be pushing up the daisies! ‘Is metabolic processes were now ‘istory! ‘E was off the twig! ‘E’d kicked the bucket, ‘e’d shuffled off ‘is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! HE WAS AN EX-SHREW!!

An ex-shrew, not a Norwegian blue in sight and not a mark upon him. How strange. 

I didn’t bother to chalk an outline. I put him in an old coffee tin and shrew him in the bin.

4 comments:

  1. Kevin Parrott on FB
    It's a shame...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew Casson on FB
    Shrewd move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if there is a link between shrewd and shrew?

      Delete
  3. Paul Whitehouse on FB
    Body outlines are my game .....should have seen if there was any DNA left at the scene !

    ReplyDelete