Monday 15 April 2013

Tie-dye sky…

Sometimes the sky looks like that tie-dyed granddad shirt I made when I was a teenager. I loved that shirt, it was very groovy and I had such fun making it. It was a two bucket job; half in the purple bucket, half in the orange bucket and then a quick suspension with string and a stick in the purple bucket again to get a bright orange band in the middle. I looked so cool wearing it – no I really did. But then it’s easy to look cool at seventeen even if you do have purple and orange dyed hands.


9 comments:

  1. Alan Shorrock on FB
    I tie-dyed a grandad once... He wasn't happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky Sutcliffe on FB
    Grandad shirts are still the shirt of choice.... But tie dye ......nooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Ah Vicky, you miss the point that tie dye makes.

      Delete
  3. Andrew Height
    Ah Vicky, you miss the point that tie dye makes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky Sutcliffe
    Clearly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew Height
    It is a random design expression made from string and the whim of the universe. When it is right it is very right, when it is wrong it is a splodge of nothing. A bit like the sunset really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David Bell on FB
    Memories of my time at Art College. Tie dying was a fine art. The expectation of the final result can only be compared to developing a print in the darkroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Hear, hear David. Brilliantly put.

      Delete