Wednesday 10 April 2013

Red sky at night...


Across the field in Wales again.

Maybe I spend too much time here, even if it is only in my mind. Sometimes though, you see the most wonderful things.

Look at the sun, so red that it looks like the sky is a pool of blood. See the way it glints on the glass insulators, the electricity buzzing down the wires. It's all cables in our bit of Wales, no underground flow of current. Sometimes the gusting wind snaps them in two and men in rubber suits come to mend them. And look at the clouds, an iridescent line reflecting on the cottage below.

Maybe I don't spend enough time here.

3 comments:

  1. Richard Shore on FB
    Nice photo. Although I don't like the things I think when you mention men in rubber suits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky Sutcliffe on FB
    No you don't! Spend more time there. It's good for the soul xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda Henderson on FB
    well thank you for getting that song stuck in my head Andi

    ReplyDelete