Tuesday 6 December 2011

Snow giants, a late post, and sleep...

So I missed my window of opportunity to post last night.

Not that it was much of an opportunity, or much of a window; and thinking about it - well, it really wasn't much of a post either. Just a picture of the snow clouds that I saw above our house this morning, promising snow that never came.

Strange old day though in so many ways, not least of all the weather. Hail, torrential rain, wind and cold, and then last evening a single flash of lightening followed by a deep rolling, rumbling, drum roll boom of thunder. It was so unexpected, so out of season, that I wondered if it wasn't thunder at all but the waking yawn of some huge snow giant far in the frozen north.

Yes, that was probably it. A snow giant waking ready to steadily trudge his way across the land dropping his heavy load of snow as he comes.

Anyway that was what I was dreaming of when I awoke, still sitting on the couch, at three-thirty this morning absolutely shattered and ever so slightly dazed. So I trudged my own slow way off to bed without even bothering to post the words I'd written about the snow clouds.

That's the thing with my world of glass. It takes all my time and leaves me so tired that other things sometimes get left aside.

This morning there's still no snow but it's pouring with rain and the wind is howling again. Perhaps that snow giant went back to sleep - at least for now.

3 comments:

  1. Well he seemed to have been scattering his icy dandruff around the Peak District this morning...

    That one flash of lightning crash of thunder must have been more widely seen than I thought, so you might be on to something with this...

    Although Ice and Glass sometimes seem so similar that this might yet be a small confessional to your own Wintry Godliness...?

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad mad Kirstie McMad (as she's known chez moi) just made snowglobes out of upturned jam jars filled with water that looked just like upturned jam jars filled with water in her latest episode from the house of tat.

    However, not only did the mere mention of snowglobes remind me of you, but I think this pretty much guarantees that your position as chief God of Glass remains secure. M.

    ReplyDelete