Friday 2 December 2011

Itsy bitsy...


Just look who I found spinning his web and crawling across the old latch of my kitchen window this morning. What a magnificent orange, and just look at those wonderful stripy legs. I wonder what team he supports?

Now I'm no Robert the Bruce, but seeing him got me wondering to what he was doing there. I watched him clambering around for a while, picking his way here, picking his way there, aimlessly checking out my windowsill and then he jumped down from the ledge on a thread of silver web, landed on the floor, squeezed his way beneath the crack in the skirting and left me to wonder if he'd ever been there at all.

Spiders are so indifferent to us humans. Not like us, we're the other way around.

10 comments:

  1. Kate Fox on Facebook;
    er....eeeuuuwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky Sutcliffe on Facebook:
    Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Bell on facebook:
    It just winked at me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phillip Yeadon on Facebook:
    Possibly Torquay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey Messenger on facebook:
    more like insy winsy than itsy bitsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is all there. You see what you want to see. But there are things that can't be missed. What do you see?
    8 hours ago · Like

    ReplyDelete
  7. David Bell on Facebook:
    dark. dark dark but with a sparkling of joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was just spinning a line for a bit of fly fishing.

    ReplyDelete