Sunday 4 December 2011

To market, to market...

"To market, to market, to buy a fat pig."

Altrincham Craft and Vintage Market on a wet and freezing Sunday morning. Up at six to bake the candle glasses, loading the car in the pouring rain, unpacking and arranging the stall.

"My life is one demd horrid grind."

Yes, sometimes I feel like a character in a Dickens novel. Just which character changes dependent on circumstance – Brushywig the glass painter, Coinscrew the trader, old Mr. Potty the eccentric (some say madman). At least I'm not an Abel Magwich, or at least I don't think I am.

Today I was a combination of all those first three as I stood behind my stall purveying my wares, doing deals and up-selling to make the merchandise move.

I didn’t do great and I didn’t do badly, I really enjoyed the catching of interest though. Not a bad day at all, all-in-all.

"Home again, home again, jiggety-jig."

6 comments:

  1. Liz Shore on Facebook:
    Your stall looks great, like an angel vs snowman battlefield!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie Ashton on Facebook:
    Well done on getting there on such a cold your stall looks lovely and very festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends, Romans, Countrymen, Lend me your carrot noses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Bell on Facebook:
    Nice stall

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey Messenger on Facebook:
    wow your stall looks amazing Mr Potty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 out of 10 for presentation

    ReplyDelete