Monday 19 December 2011

I am the machine...

I am the machine. Flawed and pitted, rusting and in need of oil, wasting away in a cornfield somewhere. Kansas or Oz it hardly matters.

I am the machine. Dreaming of electric sheep – one, baaaa – beep... two, baaaa – beep. ..three, baaaa – beep.

I am the machine. Behatted in my dunce's cap, my thought and feelings all funnelled away by life.

I am the machine. The ghost of Christmas past and oh so many other things so also past.

I am the machine. Conveyor belt of glass and joy and smiles, and if a machine could feel good about itself. I would.

But at least I’m the machine of my own making. Willingly doing what I do because I want to, and not because anyone is telling me.

And - More – So – Each – Day – That – Passes.

Machines can’t be told you see. They just do,

Ha-ha!

Of course there’s a flaw in my programming.

My heart.

If only I were the Tin Man this wouldn’t be a problem. But never a day goes by without regret, remembering, but most of all resolve.

I AM the machine and I SHALL remain so.

Machines can’t have feelings but sometimes, late on into the evening air when my cogs stop turning and my pistons halt - I wish my heart would stop its beating.

Machines can’t have feelings but sometimes, late on into the evening air when my cogs stop turning and my pistons halt - I wish my heart would stop its beating.

6 comments:

  1. That's some seriously heavy metal... M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky Sutcliffe on Facebook:
    We are all machines... With big hearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon Taylor commented on Facebook.
    Sharon wrote: "Andrew I think you may have a new definition of doodle - well according to Wikapedia!!!!!!A doodle is an unfocused drawing made while a person's attention is otherwise occupied. Doodles are simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be abstract shapes. Stereotypical examples of doodling are found in school notebooks, often in the margins, drawn by students daydreaming or losing interest during class. Other common examples of doodling are produced during long telephone conversations if a pen and paper are available.

    Popular kinds of doodles include cartoon versions of teachers or companions in a school, famous TV or comic characters, invented fictional beings, landscapes, geometric shapes and patterns, textures, banners with legends, and animations made by drawing a scene sequence in various pages of a book or notebook."

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Bell on Facebook:
    More machine than man

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine Halls-Jukes on Facebook:
    love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catherine Halls-Jukes on FacebooK;

    yeah it's cool, I love all your drawings xx

    ReplyDelete