Monday 14 November 2011

John Wayne...

Well I guess it had to happen.

A lady ordered a glass from me at the weekend for her brother Peter. Peter's a big fan of John Wayne, it was his birthday last Thursday and she wanted something special for him.

She asked if I could put a cowboy on the glass for her and as usual I asked what interests the person, in this case Peter, had. I usually do this to try to find out how best to personalise the glass and she told me that Peter was in his fifties, Downs syndrome, and he loves cowboy films - particularly John Wayne films.

I offered to put a picture of John Wayne on the glass and agreed that I could have it for her for Monday, today.

She came in at half-past four to collect it but couldn't. I hadn't done it you see, I'd forgotten about it completely despite it being in my order book. She was very good about it but I was mortified. I hate letting people down, I hate not meeting my commitments, I hate breaking my word, and at that moment I hated myself.

Anyway, I apologised and said I'd deliver it to her in the morning and that there would be no charge for the glass or the box I'm going to put it in.

Serves me right. I'm going to get a production diary.

8 comments:

  1. Emma Cholmondeley on Facebook:

    I bet......what did she order? Is it something that won't take too long?
    Just seen your blog.....question answered

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Payne on Facebook:
    well worth her extra days wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very special gift indeed, I should think about this idea for the Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian Maclachlan commented on Facebook:

    Ian wrote: "That takes true grit to admit Andi. You made good on it though."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura Keegan e-mailed:

    I saw on FB last night about the glass, what a pain, Never mind its all a learning curve, you are only human after all. The woman is prob made up you sorted it so well anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricia Kitt on Facebook:
    ethical supplier - I like that, Top Man

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caron Rebours on Facebook:
    Great Customer Service, thats what I like xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky Sutcliffe on Facebook:
    A good CS story for a change

    ReplyDelete