Friday 4 November 2011

Automatic writing...

I took this picture last summer but I found these words for the first time in my blog folder this evening. They were written early this morning, very early this morning when I should (and maybe was) have been asleep.

How odd. I think it must be my first successful journey into automatic writing because I have no memory of writing it or where it came from. It could be old age, it could be last night's red, but I prefer to think I've managed to tap into my subconscious successfully at last.

Whatever, whichever, wherever... here it is:

---------------------------------

It isn’t me that’s weird or my life that’s weird, but somewhere in the heady mix of COMBINATION a strange type of gasoline was invented and, well quite frankly, BOOOOOM!

So combustible, so weird, so ‘just waiting to go off – tick, tock, tick, tock – no smoking – please turn off all mobile phones – DANGER, DANGER, radioactive materials in the vicinity… RED BUTTON…. Defcom One and counting…’

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

You know when you are up on a hill and the clouds move across the landscape below?
Sometimes you see the reflection of the sun on the fields and you smile, and then sometimes the clouds scud across and darken the land and there is no sunshine to see?

Remember that fleeting frown.
Remember that fleeting frown?
Please remember that fleeting frown.

It is like being okay but only almost. Knowing that at any moment the sun can go behind that cloud and the world, your world, will turn dull - then grey - then black.

I call it life, but generally today there was more sunshine than cloud. It is what keeps me moving. More sunshine than cloud.

4 comments:

  1. Sue Mcnally on Facebook:
    just got back from the tate liverpool. Great exhibition on alice in wonderland and lots of surrealist being represented there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma Cholmondeley on Facebook: mmmmm. the words in that blog sound familiar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil Morgan commented on Facebook:
    Phil wrote: "Very true. I could never have put that into words but you have."

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Bell commented on Facebook:
    David wrote: "Powerful"

    ReplyDelete