Friday 25 November 2011

Dali clock...

'Help me, I'm melting...'

No really, I’m so tired that I almost couldn’t be bothered tonight so I’m going to have to be quick, not that I’m ever really that slow.

A friend of mine (who shall remain Malcolm) texted me today asking about my Dali clock. My Dali clock? Yes my Dali clock.

A great looking piece of high quality plastic that I have indulged myself with and would only part with for three times the amount I paid for it. Make me an offer!

You see my trader’s blood grows thicker each day.

As I look at my Dali clock, watching the melting clock seconds melt away into goodness knows what melting where, I am often tempted to consider time in all of its aspects and if there is really any time at all.

Then with a realisation that my mind is far too, well what I can only call ‘gone’, to cope I decide to leave this to professor Brian Cox or even that other Brian who played with Queen (the group not the dignitary).

Of course you know you have made it as a scientist when impressionists start doing impressions of you as they have with Brian (Cox not May). He follows in the footsteps of such greats as Magnus Pyke, Patrick Moore, the two David’s (Bellamy and Attenborough - although I’m not at all sure that David Attenborough counts), and of course Marie Curie – well maybe not Marie Curie then.

He seems to manage this with only a Northern accent without a trace of a twitch or speech impediment, nor flaying hands, or whispering dulcets, or even a bushy beard. How does he do it I wonder?

Times up. The melting clock has melted. I told you I had to be quick.

So remember - things can only get better.

9 comments:

  1. Linda Kemp on Facebook:
    ‎50p for Malcolm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian Maclachlan on Facebook:
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon Taylor on Facebook:
    I like it - but have no spare cash to invest in art at the moment, unfortunately all tied up......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise Smart on Facebook:
    How much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon Hutt on Facebook:
    I also have one of these 'killing time' clocks purchased on my last trip to Brighton :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steven Lee on Facebook:
    I like it how mucho

    ReplyDelete
  7. David Bell on Facebook:
    Magnus Pyke - what a hero

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Cox but the clock's too melty for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better than I thought it would be

    ReplyDelete