Tuesday 29 November 2011

Catching the wind...

No fancy header on Google which must mean that it’s a nothing sort of day, one of those days that isn’t particularly special for any reason at all.

Increasing for me days become less special as my routine becomes set into a pattern that gradually melds time in to one single ongoing – well I was going to write event, but things aren’t very eventful so I shall write non-event. It sounds like I’m complaining, but I’m not really. Broadly at the moment I don’t mind this sameness, in fact I find it quite comforting – this mini-adventure without much adventure. It’s a time of repetition. Oh, I suppose I could break out of it, throwing everything into the air in an attempt to do something radical, but for now I think I’m enjoying the calm even if the water may be going stagnant.

Each morning when I wake up usually around three, then four, then five, until I get up some time between six or seven, I tell myself, in a rather clichéd way, to count my blessings. I have something to do, I am warm, I will eat well tonight and I will go to bed tired ready to get up and do it all again tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. Not how it used to be – but simple.

Yes, simple – if you don’t look beyond the moment. Simple, as making broccoli and stilton soup. Simple, if you don’t try to catch the wind and fly. Don’t get caught up in the wind, don’t go there. No, don't try to catch the wind - it may take you with it.

Go there and you will see the chaos coming, go there and who knows what excitement may happen.

8 comments:

  1. I like the pic - anyone claimed it yet?
    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine Halls-Jukes on Facebook:
    love this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma Cholmondeley on Facebook:
    Please can I have this doodle?....I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin Parrott on Facebook I like this.

    By the way Andy, I just met Mark from Barlow studio at the Bridgewater Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise Smart on Facebook::
    me 2 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ian Maclachlan on Facebook I had that once. I had to sleep in another room.
    I jest. It would be interesting to see the original. I like the colours and the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura Keegan on Facebook:
    Have you been looking into my mind??

    ReplyDelete