Wednesday 30 November 2011

Grey paint...

So little happens in my life these days that I’m considering giving up the blogging life. Well, I spend as much time staring into space wondering what to write than I ever do writing. I can only write so many posts about painted glass.

So here I am again wondering what to write. I wouldn’t say my life was empty, but the mediocrity of it all is only just beginning to crash in on me, leaving me wondering ‘what next?’ and not having even the sniff of an answer.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a decent sunset, or watched birds feeding, or saw the sea. These were the things that set my mind to words, not this greyness that I’m becoming increasingly used to.

Grey paint, grey paint everywhere.

I suppose I could write about the stranger I had a coffee with over Knutsford way earlier in the week. The stranger who asked me questions about a previous life, getting answers which were true but I felt had happened to another person, not to me at all. He seemed interested, nodding his head in all the right places, smiling, jotting down a few notes, and after an hour or so of nothing in particular I signed his forms, shook his hand and left.

He was definitely putting me forward, he’d be in touch. I haven’t heard anything yet though.

More grey paint I'm afraid.

No, really - I'm afraid.

I’ve had a lot of ‘not hearing anything yets’ just lately, I’m still waiting to hear from one ‘we’ll definitely be in touch’ after three interviews, and that was weeks ago.

‘Yes, we’ll be in touch.’ it's all just grey paint and I’d rather they told me the truth - at least the truth has a little colour.

5 comments:

  1. "The despair I can handle, it's all that wretched hope that's killing me..."

    Drab days today should mean brighter tomorrows.

    Probably.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy writing some content for my blogs? I have loads of things to write but not enough time.

    From Mr Eddison - Facebook me a private message if you're interested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Therese Nott on Facebook:
    grey is a good colour, it's not black or white and has so many shades in it.. keep smiling.. xx check out "talent pools" instead of bog standard recruitment - will send you details if you're interested..

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the words of Jason Nesmith - Never give up. Never surrender. Or the words of the Irish Philosopher Ronan Keating - You say it best
    when you say nothing at all.
    I think?.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Bell commented on Facebook:
    "If plan to give up blogging express yourself through the art of mime and dance - don't forget the grey tights"

    ReplyDelete