Sunday 2 March 2014

Getting my act together...

Time to get my act together; March is here and it's time to plant seeds. Suddenly I feel the need to cover my kitchen work surfaces with various black plastic trays covered in cling film. It’s as if I awake this morning with a bag of compost and a seed dibber in my hand ready to make my world a bit more colourful. This year I am mainly doing sweet peas. I don’t know why, but they seem to be my new flower of choice. I’m sure they’ll be other things as well, but I really do want a fragrant back yard this year.

For weeks last year we were unable to prepare anything too complicated to eat as I’d pretty much taken over the kitchen with my seedlings. This year though is going to be a little different as I’m taking over my mother in laws garden and will be planting the vegetables, which I usually squeeze into my yard, in the palace where she has a lawn currently. I won’t dig it all up, but enough to keep me interested; some peas, beans, peppers, courgettes, cucumbers, carrots, lettuce, strawberries, and tomatoes. I’ve even bought a big walk in plastic greenhouse so it looks like I’m in for some fun.

4 comments:

  1. Andrew Height on FB
    Get some seeds on your windowsill Sue Mcnally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey Messenger on FB
    Oh I had better get mine in then....Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew Height on FB
    Yes, there's still time for indoor planting. Outdoor next month Lindsey Messenger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue Mcnally on FB
    if i start now i wont stop and the conservatory is only just looking nice

    ReplyDelete