Sunday 9 March 2014

Pirate plot...


Today I have been mainly gardening. Well, when I say gardening I mean hurting my back and making my arms and legs ache. It's not even as if I'm going through all this pain to benefit myself. It isn't my garden. It's my mother in laws. Mind you, I have managed to secrete a large plastic greenhouse on her property, one of those ones with plastic joiners and green metal tubes. I thought it was going to be a nightmare to erect, but it was actually easy. Even the instructions made sense.

I also installed a small raised bed to grow salad crops, dug out a trench in the lawn for beans, and brought along two large black dustbins to grow pumpkins and sweetcorn. Well, who needs lawn anyway? All you do is cut it continually. My mother in laws garden, but my gardening. I'm already thinking of it as my pirate plot and have planned exactly what I'm going to grow there.

It was going dark when I finished; my back screaming, but a sense of real sat satisfaction in my grinding bones. Of course my mother in law will benefit too. I'm happy for her to eat some of the vegetables I grow - just as long as she does some of the watering. Here's to a long vegetable growing summer and pirate plot gardening. I'll keep you informed.

Ibuprofen time I think.

12 comments:

  1. Andrew Height
    Shhhh Paul. You'll wake my mother in law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Kemp on FB
    I was planning to spend the day in the garden, but sadly I got the backache beforehand I am hoping for more good weekends......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew Height
    Sorry to hear that Linda. The backache is going off now, but God knows if I will be able to walk tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Bell on FB
    Great day for drinking wine in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin Parrott on FB
    Yes David, Erica's been out since mid-day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buffey Glandon on FB
    My garden is still buried in snow, and the pond is still frozen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bernadette Doyle opn FB
    Very satisfactory session pulling out ivy from the hedges in our soon to be new home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrew Height
    Pre-ownership gardening Bernadette Doyle? Is that legal? Surely it's theft!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon Taylor on FB
    funny that is one of the first things I had to do in the new garden was to clear out so much ivy, my neighbour told me the other day that she was so grateful !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bernadette Doyle on FB
    Correct Andi and we've oiled the wood floors today and we are having carpets fitted on Tues and we still haven't exchanged. It's the sellers' fault for giving us the keys. Still, they did accept our offer last August and we're still not over the line yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrew Height
    It usually works out Bernadette Doyle. Oiling the floors though makes me wonder if you've actually bought a go cart track by mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carmel Payne commented on FB.
    "Have 3 blisters on my right hand already !! Bloody moss ! :-("

    ReplyDelete