Friday 22 January 2010

Like a Cheshire cat…

Now where has misty gone this time? She’s here one moment then vanished the next. How does she do that? It’s almost as if she can just disappear into thin air…

‘Just look at that stupid Hisfault looking for me, silly hisser has no idea that I’m here at his feet. Just because he can’t see me he thinks I’m somewhere else, when all I’ve done is my disappearing trick, my Cheshire cat trick. Well, I live in Cheshire but strictly speaking I’m Welsh.

Not all of us cats can disappear when we want to, but some can and it isn’t just Cheshire cats either. I’m particularly good at it, after all I was taught by the master, all I have to do is meow the magic meows and I’m gone – well not gone, but invisible.

This is how I met the Cheshire cat. Well, when I say I met him it was rather he met me, or at least his grin did. There I was minding my own business up a tree when all of a sudden a grin appeared beside me and began talking to me. Before I knew it he and I were having a, oh so pleasant, conversation. I REALLY can't remember what the subject was, but I DO REMEMBER asking Cheshire-Puss 'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go...' (I was a bit lost up that tree you see) but all the CAT did was to keep assuring me that EVERYONE around here was...MAD! (as if I didn’t know that anyway, after all I live with Hisfault, Foodies, and the whirling girl thing and they are all as mad as… well as mad as hatters really). So, 'It didn't really matter...' And then, just as I was trying to get to the bottom of things...the CAT just DISAPPEARED!... or, I should say, slowly de-materialised.

Clever I thought… but I’d seen how he did it and heard him. I knew his trick! So I thought I’d give it a go and Frilly Fishhooks it worked! All of a sudden – THERE! – I wasn’t (there that is).

I’ve been doing it ever since as the fancy takes me for a bit of a lark, or when Foodies wants me out and I don’t want to go out, or simply to give Hisfault a bit of a scare.

I vanished for two days once. They thought I’d run off and got lost, but I was there all the time watching them worry and arguing with each other about whose fault it was – of course it turned out to be Hisfault’s fault – it always is. They seemed pretty happy when I decided to appear again though, fed me all sorts of treats – it’s a hissing good way to get some extra lovely foodies.

Oh well, time to re-materialise. Better do it while Hisfault’s not looking – don’t want him to blow a gasket do we? After all it IS almost dinner time… meowww, meeeeow, meowwwwwwwzzzzz


Now where did she come from? She wasn’t there a moment ago. I turned away for a moment and when I turned back again there she was. I heard three squeaky meows, turned, and she was back. It was almost as if she appeared out of thin air, can’t be though… Just look at her, she looks pleased with herself. What IS she grinning about?

2 comments:

  1. Classic post, Misty. I hadn't realised quite how universal the Cheshire cat gene is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Analyst - you seem to understand me. What is a hissing Analyst anyway?

    ReplyDelete