Friday 15 January 2010

A cat's best Friends...

Misty is turning into a real Telly addict. She’d sit there all day watching reruns of ‘Friends’ if I’d let her…

‘I still can’t see how they get into that box thing. It’s so narrow that they must be really squashed in there.

I wonder if they can see me, I wonder if those people inside the room inside that box are watching me, just like I’m watching them? They don’t appear to be, but they could be doing it out of the corners of their eyes.

Look at Joey in that silly red hat. I bet he’s surreptitiously looking at me at this very moment. I wonder if Rachel will come in soon and pretend not to look at me whilst thinking what a handsome cat there is sitting on the rug behind the glass thingy. Rachel looks at me all the time, she smiles at me and I’m sure that I’ve heard her say my name a couple of times, once in episode sixty seven, and again in episode two hundred and six.

I like Rachel, I can tell that she’s a cat lover. I’m not so sure about Phoebe though. She looks the sort that would put you out in the rain at night and forget to let you back in…ever! And what about that stupid song of hers about a smelly cat… cats aren’t smelly. It’s an insult! Such an insult that I’ve memorised it just in case she ever pops out of that box and I get the chance to challenge her on it.

.
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat. What are they feeding you? Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat. It's not your fault.
.
They won't take you to the vet. You're obviously not their favorite pet. Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat. It's not your fault.
.
You may not be a bed of roses. You're not friend to those with noses. I'll miss you before we're done.
.
And so on and so forth... 'One, two, what's that smell?' indeed... If she ever comes out I’m going to make her understand what a ridiculous song that is. No, I don’t like Phoebe at all and as for that Ross – well, I simply can’t stand him. Monica’s okay and I can take or leave Chandler…

I wonder how I can get their attention. I’d love to know one way or the other if they are looking at me… Perhaps if I wave? No, that isn’t working. How about twitching my whiskers? No, that doesn’t work either…

I know I’ll lie back on the carpet and pull funny faces at them… well they do it all the time and call it acting.

There, if this doesn’t work then I don’t know what will…’


3 comments:

  1. Friends and the cat. This may be my definition of hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoah - scary picture of you Misty. Good taste though, I also like Rachel and Monica but can't stand Ross or Joey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Misty. Sorry I am late catching up with you this week.
    Computer problems grrrrr!

    ReplyDelete