Sunday 31 January 2010

Here it comes...


















Sometimes you know when you’re walking towards the storm and sometimes you don’t. That’s just the way it falls I guess.

When you don’t the road looks clear and everything seems dandy. You know where you’re going and you know the direction that you’re going to take to get you to where you want to go. It’s not until you feel the electricity in the air that you know that something’s coming and by then you probably know that whatever’s coming is not going be good, and whatever it is going to be a big deal, a very big crappy deal. It’s pretty funny, in a way.

It’s then you feel the change, that picked-up wind making them dead leaves tumble along the road in front of you. Goddam road, goddam leaves. That road looks pretty goddam lonely all of a sudden, lonelier that you’d like. So you watch the dark clouds gather in the distance, the sun all slashed like blood in a gash, red on that far horizon that you are heading to, sorta.

The kids have stopped playing in the rye across the way and all. Maybe I should have tried to catch them. They seen the storm coming too I guess. Seen it coming and run on home, safe and sound. I know it's crazy trying to catch those kids but I don’t want them going over the edge, I don’t want the storm catching them. I know it’s crazy. Anyways, they’ve gone now, run on home, safe and sound.

I saw the storm coming too. Well, it don’t take a genius to know it, and that distant rumble of thunder is a pretty good goddam clincher of a clue I guess. Yeah, that storm is coming, whipped up by crappy politics, circumstance, greed, maybe even goddam God almighty himself. Or it could be something else. Something else called Bad, called Bad because bad is truly our nature, no doubt about it.

Yes sir, storm’s coming and we’re sure going to get caught up in it. I wish I wasn’t here. Maybe I should run for home too, run for home safe and sound, except I don’t go home anymore, well hardly ever. The thing is even if I went home there ain’t no way for them to help I guess. Maybe I should look for shelter, but by the time you get to looking around - there ain’t none. There never is when you need it most. That’s just the way it falls I guess.

No sir, there never is when you need it most. Here it comes.

5 comments:

  1. Uuuuu! What a black sky, it looks so powerfool!
    I think the nature is so silent after the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flora Marriott commented on Facebook:

    "Good pics.
    I'll have to re-read him. "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan Gibson commented on Facebook:

    "They reckon he was still writing so there maybe a few posthumous releases"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab photos.
    I love it when it gets really hot and you just know that a great down pour is due.

    ReplyDelete