Sunday 5 April 2009

What...no Giraffe?













ii
i
We went to Penlech Beach today.

The weather was beautiful and I had it in my head to build one of my beach sculptures - I wanted to build a Giraffe, a la Dali, and maybe even set fire to it.

Thing is you have to build with what you find and the pickings on Penlech were pretty sparse, so all I could manage was this Flamingo/Stork bird.

After saying that it is a miracle of balance, it only has a single leg and it was a pretty windy afternoon, I think it blew over at least six times before I managed to get the leg anchored properly. It wasn't quite windy enough to fly a kite properly though - Holly and I tried with no real success - which is unusual.

Anyway, it was probably a good job that I couldn't build my Giraffe - I left the matches at home.

By the way we did use the barbecue and it worked pretty well, I may tell you about it later in the week.
iiii

3 comments:

  1. love both photos AKH.
    Have to say that your list of nuns do not resemble any that I knew - except maybe Robbie Coltrane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha! I don't think I've ever spoken to a nun - except in India and they wore saris - does that count? By the way the saris were immaculate, plain, well-pressed linen and I have to say that the nuns were... serene?

    First time I've met serene I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some nuns I knew were serene but mainly they were bitter and twisted or half mad. I'm inspired to compile a list of them with commentary in case my memory of them fades.

    ReplyDelete