Sunday 10 June 2012

Two minutes on a Sunday afternoon...


So today, sidetracked by a need to rescue some ornamental cabbage seedlings that had become so waterlogged that they were living in mud (help me, help me) I got stuck in my courtyard and kind of lost myself there for a while.

Damned slugs have been at it, despite the blue pellets I throw everywhere, but generally (smiles) – it’s all going well. Yes, I have high hopes for my little acre and can’t wait to see the oranges and yellows which I know are surely to come.

The ‘25 blue iris for £1.00!’, a pound shop bargain (all praise the pound shop for the pound shop is good... how much is this please?) are all up and through. Unfortunately I forgot the canary creeper seed I planted first - and then the Japanese cabbage seed I sowed after because I’d forgotten the canary creeper seed – (NOT TO SELF… Label Clearly – of course I never will).

As always the Welsh Poppies are everywhere – all yellow and lushish lush green. I’m told that they are weeds but they are far too happy to pull up – besides the bees love them and they add a cheer on an overcast day.

Here he is - Mr Buzzy Bee, busily buzzing as he bumptiously goes on his beaming bee way.

Oh well - break over.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I followed your example and did some pound shopping. The Allium have been standing proud for a couple of weeks and are still going strong. The tree peony is about ready to bloom and the red hot pokers look promising. Thanks for the advice oh green fingered one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pound shop sunflowers are all up and going well and the 'dead' tray of six mixed hanging basket plants I rescued for £1.39 from Aldi are completely filling my big hanging basket at the front of the house. The 20p packet of cucumber seeds (of which I planted six) have given me six strong plants and cucumbers to come.

    Now if only I could grow a money tree...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete