Thursday 16 February 2012

Who am I?...

Who shall I be today? I know who I want to be but I doubt that I’ll get the chance to be him again. I wonder if anyone else feels like I do – a little unsure of who they’ve become and not at all sure that they like who they’re becoming. Of course we all end up as our father or mother apparently so there’s not much too be done about it anyway.

Actors must have such a great time; pretending to be so many people, playing a variety of roles, a rich variety of characters - unless of course you are Michael Caine. I guess we all have several characters in us, roles we play, various and variant others who we pull out in different circumstances dependent on audience. All split personalities to lesser of greater extents. Two faced? Maybe. Multi-faceted? Who knows?

Then there are out Facebook friends, people that we might have worked with or sat next to for years in the real world, but you only really find out about once you’ve friended them on Facebook. I sometimes amazed to find out that somebody I thought I knew quite well plays the bongos or loves the smell of horse manure or has a twin or loves, maybe even hearts, Barry Manilow.

You can be anybody you want to be online, anonymous and mysterious, interesting and sexy, stunning, outrageous with a mystical username or even an alter-ego… Hypnoboy.

For a while there back in the day I even wandered Second-Life before my First-Life became so complicated and fantastical that I couldn’t really be sure which was which any longer. I think my name was Narstril Dunestrider and I had some really nice yellow boots which I bought from a virtual shop in a virtual city for virtual Linden dollars purchased with real world pounds... yes, I know.

Anyway, the question isn’t ‘who shall I be today’ it’s more ‘I y’am what I y’am’ as Popeye would say.

Yep, seems like I am what I am. Now if only I can work out who that is.

3 comments:

  1. Nick Jennings on Facebook: ‎
    (telegram for Mr H) masterful as usual Mr H <- stop -> It seems to me liking ‘I y’am what I y’am’ <- stop -> far less important than just liking 'what I y'am' <- dont stop -> :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Della Jayne on Facebook

    ReplyDelete