Friday 3 February 2012

Say nothing...

Okay Friday night. Some might say TGIF, others TFIF. I just say nothing.

Empty headedness isn’t an insult it’s a blessing. Thoughts spin around and around in my mind, sparking off each other to create new and other thoughts, making my head so full that sometimes I want to scream – and I do. Other times I want to pull my hair out – and I do that too. It’s worse in the mornings. Mornings bring thought on thought, worry on worry, stack upon stack of concern and despair until it makes me spring out of bed, wobbly and dazed, just to stop the murmuring in my head.

Well, at least I recognise it and that they are there.

If I try hard I can control it. I can make the wall in my mind black and then start playing the movie, starting with my islands and moving on to wherever my freedom takes me. A bird, a fish, the wind, a leaf, a shooting star, a fox, a stone buried deep in the ground, or floating in my bed.

Relaxation; how I crave it. Peace; how I need it.

I don’t care if I never do a party again, but a quiet night, quiet of the night?

Okay Friday. Some might say TGIF, others TFIF. I just say nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Facebook conversation:

    Andrew Height Can you see me?
    Andrew Height I'm the green one.

    Lindsey Messenger yeah i can see you....bit scary!!

    Andrew Height Only cos I'm green.

    Lindsey Messenger well your eyes a bit starey and your nose a bit squashed

    Andrew Height sounds like me then.

    Lindsey Messenger ooooh yeah and its got the grey mallen streak in your hair you were saying about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried taking anti-depressants?

    ReplyDelete