Thursday 9 February 2012

Tin can men…

Tin-can men have started to appear in our road; pinned to fences and telegraph poles like ancient spacemen or mystical gee-gaws. I’ve no idea what they are meant to mean, their significance, but they stare down watching the world go by hardly noticed by the passing passers-by.

They are unobtrusive, almost invisible, quietly watching for who knows what? They don’t shout out, they’re carefully placed, sitting above the eye-line or close to the ground where nobody looks and not so bright as to draw attention.

Yes you have to look hard – or know they are there.

Where did they come from? How did they get there I wonder? Just who would be crazy enough to make these things for no good reason and then crucify them with pins and nails, quiet statements about goodness-knows-what?

After all – it’s not like a street is a beach is it? Just who would be mad enough to do it? I really have no idea.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Sparkle - there are tin men and straw men, sometimes I wonder which I want to be. Anyway - I plan to make a dog all of my very own this weekend if only I can find the time. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Lindsey Messenger on facebook:
    Mmmmm i wonder...who would be crazy and mad enough????..... and how strange that YOU have spotted them, and as YOU say 'hardly anyone else'....mmmm dis strange!!!. But there well cute, pity there not for sale.

    ReplyDelete