Tuesday 18 May 2010

Windflowers…

Thirty minutes away from the world, sitting on a mossy stone, listening to birdsong, feeling the warmth of the leaf screened sun upon my pasty winter arm – relaxed.

It won’t be noticed that I’m not there, so busy with their talk of horses. I sit surrounded by the Windflowers, white drooping heads gently moving in the breeze. Anemos, the Wind, sending his namesake Anemones in gentle dance supported by such slender green stems.

What perfect light, everything so sharp, defined and poisonous - a cure for headache, gout, rheumatism, but not remorse, nor disappointment, nor regret. A woodland ghost – vanished, beautifully eloquent, spreading its creeping root-stock below the surface, making me this splendid carpet for a while.
.
March to May, early spring, before and with the blocking out of light this world rebuilds a leafy canopy for my false petal stars to wither then fall.

Thirty minutes away from the world, just a break, taking it all in – and then with a shout of the name they use for me - I’m called, summoned and taken back.

Picking up my heavy suitcased mind, crammed full of worry, words, full memory - I leave the wood to return to passing time in that other spring.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures - so clear and defined. There is nothing better to divert your mind than escaping in to nature's realm, especially if it's only thirty minutes away from the world. Somehow it helps (me) put things in perspective and makes me realise how small we are in the grand scheme of things.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is a cure for remorse, disappointment or regret.
    Still, there ain't no cure for love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'March to May, early spring, before and with the blocking out of light this world rebuilds a leafy canopy for my false petal stars to wither then fall.'

    Almost Shakespeare...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second that emotion, great blog Andy, I need at least a day a week in the woods to soak in natures cure. I read many nature publications and your observations are right up there with the best of them. Keep up the excellent blog and maybe submit some work to an editor, if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Floramcdora tweeted:

    'submit work to an editor'! I like that. Do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Nicki in the grand scheme of things we are very small, but in our own scheme how massive we can be.

    Drop me a mail some time, I'm not sure that I have your live e-mail.

    ReplyDelete