Friday 14 May 2010

0hf + 0b = ec...

It’s about hissing time that Hisfault cut this hissing hedge, I’ve got a twig sticking in my tail… well, not exactly my tail, but in that sort of area. Ouch!

I’m looking for birds, I’m always looking for hissing birds, birds are my obsession and there are always birds in here somewhere. They dive in and out of the leaves and although I haven’t catched one yet I will do one day. I’m going to sit very still and just wait. I’m good at waiting, it gives me the chance to have a good think about things- things like politics, philosophy, the economy, words like that, big words with lots of vowels, the big words that come out of Hisfault’s talking box – ‘Radio Four’ I think he calls it.

The other day the man with the funny voice who lives in Hisfault’s radio four talking box said that hedge fun was bad and had helped cause the economic crisis. I have no idea what an economic crisis is nor can I see how hedge fun can cause it. I hope an economic crisis isn't anything to do with a shortage of pilchards, I love pilchards. Hedge fun is easier, it's just what it says – fun on a hedge. Sometimes I stand on the hedge, sometimes I sit on it, sometimes I walk up and down on it – what fun.

Actually now I come to think about it maybe that isn’t much hissing fun at all, if it wasn’t for the birds hedges would be boring -not that there are any birds around.

So no hedge fun and no birds equal… an economic crisis?

That’s it! That’s what an economic crisis is - it’s one of those other things, the ones that The Whirling Dervish Girl Thing keeps moaning about – equations! It’s a hissing equation!

0hf + 0b = ec

Now I understand. That’s the thing about us cats, we can work out even the most complex of problems when we put our whiskers to it… now where are those birds?

3 comments:

  1. I knew that Misty could be counted on to make me smile. Clever kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 0hf + 0b = ec
    0 + 0 = ec
    0 = ec

    Although it does sound like one of those equations the daily mail comes out with to prove the happiest day of the year.
    Of course, in daily mail terms the economic crisis is all the fault of immegrants. Still I'm sure the tories and the mini me tories will sort it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you feel about sitting in the middle of a lovely clump of monbretia and flattening all around you? Charlie next door seems to like doing that.

    ReplyDelete