Sunday 30 May 2010

More dandelions…

Watching the dancing dandelion seeds float in the breeze. Thousand on thousand. Tiny parachutes glowing in the sunshine, each the potential to be some gardener’s bane, each on landing a waiting weed hungry for roots that will feed and grow.

Lawns and pavements, building sites, gardens and pastures, busy roadsides, quiet graveyards - dandelions plant themselves everywhere, anywhere - deep rooted and bitter, bright headed and milky, salad leaved and sunny. A weed is a just flower growing in the wrong place.

Dandelion sunshine falling from the skies, setting up home on earth - and making me smile.

Catching one I make a hex. Float and find home - settle, grow, make dandelion smiles and pattern a grey world with sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. I know I shouldn't but I hate them with a passion for the nuisance they cause in the garden although apparently we should leave them alone because of the bees .....

    ReplyDelete