Monday 10 May 2010

Chester back…

Yes, Chester’s back. Let’s just say that for reasons we don’t fully understand his new owner had a change of heart and decided not to take him after all. There was no fault on Chester’s part and up until the phone call last Wednesday evening she seemed very pleased with how things were going – something must have changed, who knows?

Anyway, Chester remains ours and the summer is here. I have no idea what we do next and at the minute I’m not worrying about it - it was enough to see Holly and Chester together in the field at the weekend. Holly walking towards Chester, a whinny of recognition, then calmness in each other’s company – horse and girl, girl and horse.

Okay so it isn’t sensible, and the money is a concern, and, and, and… we’ll sort something out I expect.

I’m not a believer in things ‘happening for a reason’ and if they do I’m sure that not all the reasons are good, but I’d like to believe it. So if Chester returning has happened for a reason please let it be a good one, maybe a lottery win - a big one.

Yes, Chester’s back and once I’d got over my initial anger (letting go was hard enough), panic (what do we do now?), and fear (is Chester okay?), once I’d dealt with those things… I was pleased - it felt right.

Will this last I wonder? I know me.

4 comments:

  1. Sue Mcnally commented on Facebook:

    "lets hope mo gives us all a ring with the magic numbers!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Della Jayne Roberts commented on Facebook:


    Just read your blogs...... I believe 'things happen for a reason'.... what reason, I have no idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know whether to feel glad or sad for you all. I believe things happen for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, neither do I - but for the moment at least - I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete