Friday 21 May 2010

Wishing Machine…

So THIS is the Wishing Machine, I’ve heard Foodies talking about it; ‘I better go and fill the Wishing Machine’, and down she goes into the cellar to fill it up. She seems to spend an awful lot of time with it, she’s down here almost every day stuffing it full of those things that they cover themselves with and then taking them out again. Now what do they call them? Clothes I think.

Now why does she do that? She can’t be feeding the Wishing Machine with clothes otherwise the things that she puts into it wouldn’t come out again – mind you when they do come out they’re always damp, so perhaps the Wishing machine can’t swallow and if it is trying to eat them then it’s a hissing noisy eater. It makes a right racket – it’s enough to make your head explode sometimes. Maybe you have to make an offering to the Wishing Machine - if it accepts your wish is granted and if it hissing rejects then it isn’t.

No, I don’t think she’s feeding it or making an offering. Maybe it’s making the clothes all new again? I’ve certainly heard the Whirling Girlish Girl Thing wishing that she had something new to wear. Yes, that might be it. Perhaps that’s how the Wishing Machine works - you open the door, put that magic powder stuff that makes me sneeze in the magic drawer, fill its mouth with old clothes, turn that round thing, say the magic words, and let it make that awful noise for a while. Then you take out the clothes and they’re all new again – different colours, different materials, latest fashions. How clever, it certainly beats going to the shops.

Perhaps I should have a go. Now how do I want to look? Purple’s a nice colour, and I wouldn’t mind a spikier look. Yes, a purple, spiky, punky Misty!

Now where does she keep that magic powder?

2 comments:

  1. Come on AKH, when are we going to see a proper real life exhibition of your work????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer Misty when she's not purple and spikey

    ReplyDelete