Friday 7 May 2010

Catsrophobia…

Is this half in or half out? I don’t know - and am I climbing in or climbing out of this hedge? I thought I was climbing in, but now that I get here I’m not so sure, maybe I’m climbing out. Either way I seem to be stuck?

I can’t move in and I can’t move out, I’m stuck… why, oh why did I jump up here in the first place. It’s dark in here and there are things going on. I can hear the birds in the branches, but I can’t see them and I’m sure I can smell mousey smell, maybe that’s why I did this… I can’t remember, I can’t remember.

Was I trying to escape? If I was I really can’t remember what I was trying to escape from, I’m getting confused, I’m beginning to panic. Deep breaths, deep breaths. If only I had a paper bag, I’m getting catstrophobic – I‘ve got all of the symptoms – I feel scared because I’m restricted, I’m worried that I’m going to suffocate, and I don’t know how I’m going to get out of this hissing hedge. Knowing that should help me calm down but it doesn’t seem to be working - calm down, calm down.

Oh no, not that, I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe, there’s no air in here. If I ever get out of this hedge I’m never ever going back in again. I’m getting all sweaty and shakey and my heart’s racing – it should be about 150 beats a minute and it feels like it’s thundering along at a hissing 250 beats… Meooooow, meoooooow, meowwww – it hurts. On no, this is the worse - and I'm sure that this hedge is closing in on me. I have to get out, I have to get out, I have to get out!!!

I have to get out or I’m going to be SQUAAASHED!

Now – how did I get down here? I’m out, I can breathe again, my heart is slowing down, I’ve stopped shaking. The catstrophobia’s gone. No more hedges for me, not ever, ever, ever!

Better now. Is my nin-nins ready I wonder? All that panicing has made me peckish.

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor Misty, reading that brought on my panic attacks. I can recommend some tablets that will help if this problem persists. Can I advise that not only should you avoid hedges but lifts and the underground also.

    ReplyDelete