Wednesday 5 May 2010

Blue balloon...

Bank Holiday Monday, Nefyn show again, £4 in and a sunny day for a change, cold but blue and clear.

Tents, grass, horses, burgers, cakes, beer, needlepoint, dogs, tractors, events, stalls, sheep, chutney, announcements, plants, cars, eggs, noise – and a bright blue balloon blowing up into the air and away, me watching for ages until at last a small, small, dot on the horizon it blinked out, gone - taking me with it for a moment. Then back to earth and the showground with a slow reawakening.

Nefyn Show, the same every year and each year different. I’ll let the photographs speak, the photographs say it all - apart from my balloon.













4 comments:

  1. I know Nefyn. We used to holiday there. we stayed at a house on the beach by a pub.

    I like the photographs. The sky is so blue, almost like Provence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were first in your class in last year's show. No results to report?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No - didn't have the time (or heart) to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love country shows especially the small ones

    ReplyDelete