Friday 3 July 2009

Misty House...

Misty’s very own cat kennel. That should keep her dry when it rains and in the shade and cool when it’s hot like today. I hope she likes it. Interesting design, very Japanesey…

“Oh my Mu-Mu, what’s that? A trap? Do they really think that I’m stupid enough to walk into it and get myself catched? Do they think I’m as silly as Dummy the duck? Well I’m not.

Maybe it is a prison? That’s it, it’s a naughty house, a cell, and they going to put me in it and block the door when they are annoyed with me and I’ve been a bad pussy. Like when I want to play catch the fishy-wishy with my paw, or when I knock things off the table.

I know that I kidnapped Dubby - but that was just a joke! A bit of fun! No harm done. It’s not as if I hurt him or anything, he seemed to quite enjoy it – and I let him go… sort of.

And I know that I steal (sorry borrow) things out of the drawers sometimes, but I always MEAN to put them back. It’s just what with one thing and another - sleeping, eating, that kind of thing – I always seem too busy to get around to doing it. It isn’t my fault. I’m a very busy cat what with this and that, that and this, ducking and diving. Sorry, I didn’t mean to say that last bit, the ‘duck’ bit. I’ll never ‘duck’ again – ‘paws, paws, promise paws, otherwise shut me out of doors’. See, I won’t break that will I? I hate being shut out of doors!

And I suppose I do go on a little about my collar a bit, but actually - now that I come to think about it – I really like my collar with its lovely loud tinkley, winkley, bell. I wouldn’t want to be parted from it. I love my pretty collar and who cares about catching birds and mice anyway.

Mmmm… let’s see. If it is a prison it isn’t a very good one. It’s certainly no Alcatraz, or even a Wormwood Scrubs. There aren’t any bars on the entrance and it doesn’t look like the walls are very thick. Should I take a peek inside? Yes, I think I’ll take a look... if Hisfault or Foodies come along and try to shut me in well, well, I’ll just have to keep my best cat’s eye out for them.

Mmmm… smells okay, looks okay – it fact it looks very nice. I might just pop in and see what it’s like inside.

Gently does it… well at least it is empty, quite cosy actually. It’d be a good place to shelter if it started hissing raining, and on a scorcher like today it’s actually quite cool, nice and shady. I might come in here sometimes for a little rest, purrhaps it isn’t a prison after all - purrhaps it’s an outdoor Misty house.

Anyway now I’m in here I might as well have a little rest… yes, nice and shady, warm… but… not…too… hot…zzz…purrr…zzz… purrr…”


I wonder if she’ll ever use it? She’s such a funny cat you never know what she’s going to take to and what she won’t. Oh well, we’ll see...

6 comments:

  1. such a cute Misty house. The fact that you are getting bored of birds and mice is a sign of aging I'm afraid Misty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When a cat decided to adopt us, we bought it a cat kennel for indoors. It was lovely and soft, with pictures of fish bones on it. Binka wouldn't go near it, she much preferred sleeping on our bed.
    Andy is getting on a bit, and he's still interested in birds.
    Does Misty like cheese? Binka loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was Rik again, not Liz. That's what happens when you share a computer. I could keep posting as liz if you would like it to look like you have more followers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he doesn't need any more followers - his head will swell too much. Only kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wierd! Gaynor tried Misty on cheese last Friday and she really loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just love being Liz don't you.

    ReplyDelete